Are you using WordPress hosting and looking for a free SSL certificate outside the Godaddy?
You can easily get the certificate but Godaddy will not allow you to upload the certificate on its WordPress hosting because it doesn’t have any Cpanel where you can install the certificate.
You now you have only one option to install the SSL certificate on your WordPress hosting that is paid SSL certificate from Godaddy.
I am also facing the problem with my website: CoinIdeology.com then I talk with Godaddy support and they suggested the one and only option.
Ways To Install A Free SSL Certificate on a WordPress Website
There are a few different ways to install a free SSL certificate on a WordPress website that is hosted on a web hosting service. Here are the steps for one popular method using the Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate:
- Install the Let’s Encrypt SSL plugin on your WordPress website.
- Activate the plugin and go to the plugin’s settings page.
- Click on the “Enable SSL” button to start the process of obtaining and installing the SSL certificate.
- Follow the prompts to verify domain ownership and complete the installation process.
It’s also possible to use other plugin or tools like cloudflare, certbot etc.
Please note that the exact steps may vary depending on the hosting service and the specific plugin you are using. It’s always a good idea to consult the documentation for your specific hosting service and plugin to ensure that you are following the correct steps.
Get Free SSL Certificate For WordPress Website
List of Free SSL Certificate Providers
Here is a list of some popular free SSL certificate providers and a brief overview of what they offer:
- Let’s Encrypt: A non-profit organization that provides free SSL certificates to the public. It’s a widely supported and easy-to-use option that can be installed through a plugin on many web hosting services.
- Cloudflare: A content delivery network (CDN) and web security company that offers free SSL certificates for their customers. This service can be used to encrypt traffic for your website, and also offers DDoS protection and other security features.
- SSL For Free: A website that provides free SSL certificates by automating the process of obtaining and installing the certificate through Let’s Encrypt.
- Comodo SSL: Comodo provides 90-day free trial SSL certificates for personal and business use. It includes all features of paid SSL.
- StartSSL: StartSSL provides free Class 1 SSL certificate for personal use, which is valid for 12 months. It also offers paid certificates for business use.
- GlobalSign: GlobalSign provides free 90-day trial SSL certificates for personal and business use.
- DigiCert: DigiCert provides free 90-day trial SSL certificates for personal and business use.
These are some of the free SSL certificate providers which you can use, however it’s always a good idea to consult with your hosting provider before proceeding with any installation process.
About the author