Do you want to know how to develop a blockchain app or just feel curious to take advantage of this era-defining technology for your app’s success? Well, you have probably landed in the right place for guidance. Before hiring app developers with Blockchain expertise, it is important to have a comprehensive idea of the potential of this technology in the context of mobile app projects.
Blockchain apps are widely called decentralised apps, referring to the centralised database that Blockchain uses. In many ways, these apps set the trend for future apps for many functional use cases across all business niches. Here in this small post, we will explain the basics of Blockchain, how it works, and the key ways Blockchain-powered decentralised apps solve problems.
Table of Contents
Understanding two major types of blockchain
Based upon the type of network, Blockchain can be of two principal types: Permissionless Blockchain and Permissioned Blockchain. Understanding these two types of Blockchain and how they work is important for the developers of decentralised apps.
- Permissionless blockchain
The permissionless blockchain refers to an open network of data blocks access to every network member across all devices. This type of Blockchain allows all users access to the code and allows them to validate transactions. The participants of the network can also make interactions with each other and still remain anonymous. This type of Blockchain has been used by popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.
- Permissioned blockchain
The permissioned blockchain, on the other hand, only allows access to selective authorised users. Accessing the data and interactions comes with preconceived rules, allowing transactions and interactions among the network members. In this network, different members can have different roles and controlled permissions. Generally, this type of Blockchain is used by organisations for their internal uses.
There are also use cases where these two principal types of Blockchain are used alongside variations. Thus we have such varieties as hybrid Blockchain and Consortium based Blockchain.
A step-by-step guide to Blockchain app development
To build a successful Blockchain-based app, you need to have a strong command of the technology and how it works. You also need to have a unique app idea befitting the Blockchain technology use cases, and finally, with the right tech stack, you have to execute the project and deploy it. Let’s explain these stages one by one.
Here are the steps on how to develop a blockchain application in 2023:
- Define the purpose of your application. What problem will your application solve? What features will it offer? Who is your target audience?
- Choose a blockchain platform. There are many different blockchain platforms available, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. Consider the needs of your application when choosing a platform.
- Write the code for your application. This will involve writing smart contracts, which are the programs that run on the blockchain.
- Test your application. Make sure that your application works as expected and that it is secure.
- Deploy your application to the blockchain. This involves uploading your code to the blockchain and making it available to users.
A unique app idea
Like every app, your blockchain app is also likely to solve the user’s problem; hence, you need to find the problem around which your app idea should revolve. This problem statement and the Blockchain-based app solution should be unique and valuable for the end users.
You can also take from some trending Blockchain app ideas, such as building a cryptocurrency wallet or just a crypto exchange app. You can also go for building an app that helps people to store Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT) in a wallet. Or else, you can build a game app allowing NFT transactions and storing game objects. The possibilities for coming up with new Blockchain-powered apps are fast expanding, and you can always embark on something extraordinary and never before.
Choose the right Blockchain platform.
Now one of the hardest parts is choosing the right Blockchain platform for your app project. There are several credible and popular options, and you need to choose one based on your project requirements. Here below, we mention some leading Blockchain platforms.
- Ethereum: It is the leading open-source platform for Blockchain apps and is widely known for its flexibility. Ethereum is widely used for developing ICOs, decentralised apps (dApps), smart contracts, etc. It uses one of the tried and tested programming languages for Blockchain called Solidify,
- EOS: It is the platform for decentralised apps based on smart contracts. Besides development, the platform also helps with hosting and storing decentralised enterprise apps and smart contracts.
- OpenChain: This widely acclaimed open-source Blockchain-powered distributed ledger validates transactions using a single authority. This is the platform used by many organisations for safeguarding their valuable digital assets and virtual properties. The best thing about the platform is that it takes zero transaction fees, and it requires just a single administrator to validate any number of transactions.
- Ripple: This well-acclaimed platform is particularly created keeping the requirements of financial services in mind. Ripple ensures establishing connections with different payment solution providers, facilitating the smooth exchange of digital assets, making banking transactions, and collaborating with the large Blockchain-based network of corporations.
Shaping the app and deploying it
When the programming is done and the code of the app is ready, all that the developers need to do is to deploy the same to the Blockchain network and make it accessible to the audience. When you work with an expert app developers company, dodging the regulations and adhering to the guidelines of the ios and Android become much easier.
Let’s not forget that the app development doesn’t end with the app’s release. In fact, after the release of the app in the market, you need to stay observant of the feedback and keep the app updated with value additions and required changes from time to time.
Here are some additional tips for developing a blockchain application:
- Use a reliable blockchain development framework. There are many different blockchain development frameworks available, such as Truffle, Web3.js, and Ganache. These frameworks can help you to develop your application more quickly and easily.
- Use a testnet. A testnet is a blockchain network that is used for testing. This is a great way to test your application before you deploy it to the mainnet.
- Get help from a blockchain development team. If you are not familiar with blockchain development, you can get help from a blockchain development team. These teams can help you to develop your application and deploy it to the blockchain.
Developing a blockchain application can be a complex process, but it is also a rewarding one. By following these steps, you can create a secure and reliable blockchain application that will solve a real-world problem.
In addition to the steps outlined above, there are a few other things to keep in mind when developing a blockchain application in 2023. First, you need to be aware of the latest trends in blockchain technology. This includes new blockchain platforms, smart contract languages, and decentralized applications.
Second, you need to be aware of the regulatory landscape for blockchain technology. This is still evolving, so it is important to stay up-to-date on the latest regulations so that you can comply with the law.
Finally, you need to be aware of the security risks associated with blockchain technology. Blockchain is a secure technology, but there are still some risks involved. You need to take steps to mitigate these risks, such as using secure coding practices and storing your data in a secure manner.
By following these tips, you can develop a blockchain application that is secure, reliable, and compliant with the law.
Here above, we have just provided a brief guideline for building a successful Blockchain app. Obviously, besides adhering to these principles, you need to work on the creative sides of the project, such as idea brainstorming and engaging UI/UX design.
Developing a blockchain application in 2023 requires a deep understanding of the underlying technology, careful planning, and continuous innovation. By defining a clear use case, choosing the right blockchain platform, and following best practices during development, you can create a robust and successful blockchain application. As the blockchain industry continues to evolve, staying updated with the latest trends and incorporating user feedback will be vital for the growth and sustainability of your application in this dynamic and transformative technology landscape.