Digital marketing is the present and the future of marketing. During the lockdown, you have realized that only one marketing working while all types of offline marketing become completely lockdown.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is a way to promote your product and services digitally using all types of digital sources for example search engine, social media platforms, mobile applications, games, and pay per click, etc.
According to SEMRush, “buy online’’ product searches doubled during the pandemic. It was 27,500+ searches in March while in February it was 14,800 across all categories.
Digital marketing is the best marketing technique to identify, build, and target a group of audience to turn them into customers.
All Types of Digital Marketing Techniques That Work Great in Present and Future
In this blog, we are going to share with you all types of digital marketing techniques that will help you to create your marketing strategy to target your potential audience.
Search Engine Optimization
SEO stands for search engine optimization, it is the most powerful and affordable digital marketing technique to achieve your desire results. In this technique, SEO specialist works to achieve top 10 rankings in Google and other search engines.
According to Brain Dean, CEO of Backlinco, Google uses more than 200 factors in its algorithm to provide a ranking.
Types of SEO Marketing
A. Onsite SEO Tactices
- Meta Title Optimization
- Meta Description Optimization
- Heading Tag Optimization
- Content Optimization
- Internal Linking
- Image Alt Optimization
- URL optimization
- Page Loading Speed optimization
- Mobile-friendly Optimization etc.
B. Offsite SEO Tactices
- Profile Submission
- Article Submission
- Directory Submission
- Social Bookmarking Submission
- Forum Posting
- Question and Answering
- Video Submission
- Infographic Submission
- Document Sharing
- Web 2.0 posting
C. Technique SEO
- Mobile-first index issue fixing
- Sitemap creation and submission
- Robots.txt creation and optimization
- Canonical Issue Fixing
- SSL Certificate Installation
- Crawling Error Issue Fixing
- Internal Linking Optimization
- Website speed issue fixing
- Duplicate content fixing
Social Media Optimization
Social media optimization is an art to create a network of the target audience by sharing engagement posts and activities to get more reaches, engagements, likes, followers, and comments on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, Instagram, etc.
According to Statista, almost 50% of people in the world use social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Twitter, Linkedin, etc who are more than 3 billion users around the world.
SMO is a technique to promote brand awareness for products and services on social media sites by sharing useful and informative content that attracts people to a particular site.
What types of Post Your Should Share On Social Media To Get More Engagement?
- Post giveaway and contest post.
- Use Images on each post to get more engagement.
- Ask a question in the social media post.
- Post Gif
- Post Videos
- Post Memes
Pay Per Click (Search Engine Marketing)
PPC or search engine marketing is the paid marketing method where you pay based on per click on your ads on search engines and their partners’ websites.
A study says, 52% of users, who click on Pay Per Click ads call to the advertisers. And around 50% of users can’t tell the difference between paid and organic search results.
Top Pay Per Click or Search Engine Marketing Platforms
- Google Ads
- Bing Ads.
- Yahoo Ads.
All Popular Types of Ads on Search Engine Marketing
- Search Ads.
- Display Ads
- Shopping Ads
- Business Map Ads
- App Store Ads
Content marketing is a digital marketing technique where content writers according to user needs to engage them for a particular product or service. Content can be any form of a blog, video, or graphic.
According to eMarketer 60% of digital marketers publish at least one content every day.
Types of Content Marketing
- Website content
- Blogging content
- Video content
- Podcasting content
- Infographics content
- Email content
- Whitepapers content
- Slideshare presentations content
- Quizzes / Content content
- Courses content
- Webinars content
- Social media posts
- Question and Answering Content
App creation and App Store Optimization
Develop a mobile application to promote and sell your products and services is the best technique to capture more users.
The total population of the world is 7.8 billion and 5.2 billion of them are using smartphones (According to the latest data from GSMA Intelligence.)
By this statistic, you can understand the importance of mobile application for today and tomorrow but it is not easy to create an app and get installed on your target audience smartphones because the competition is continuously increasing. To promote your mobile app you need these app store optimization techniques.
App Store Optimization Techniques
- Select keywords for your app
- Create a detailed title
- Describe your mobile Application using all the keyword terms
- Add high-quality screenshots and video
- Choose the right category wisely
- Request app users to app positive reviews and ratings
- Add app store analytics
Affiliate marketing is a digital marketing technique where you get a commission on each sale of a product through your website.
Example of Affiliate Marketing:
You write a blog post about a product review with an affiliate link and your post start ranking in Google. A user comes to the blog post through the search engine and after reading the review click on the affiliate link. After review, the genuine sale of the affiliate link site adds a commission amount on your account that you can transfer to your bank account.
According to Mediakix, 81% brand believe on affiliate program to generate sales.
Affiliate Marketing Program
Here is the top affiliate marketing program, you can choose if you are interested in affiliate marketing:
- ShareASale Affiliates
- Amazon Associates
- eBay Partners
- Solvid Affiliate
- Shopify Affiliate Program
- CJ Affiliate Publisher’s Program
- Bluehost Affiliate Program
- ConvertKit Affiliate Program
- Google AdSense
- JVZoo Affiliate
Email marketing is a process to send promotional or informational messages related to business updates, product discounts and services offer to a relevant group of the target audience. You can easily complete the process by following the steps:
- Collects target email ids through newsletter box attached to a website in a list.
- Create a short and simple template.
- Send the template to the list where all email ids are collected.
According to Experian, an email subject line with an emoji increased open rates by 56%, as compared to normal text subject line.
Top Bulk Email Marketing Platforms
- Constant Contact
Plain and simple, in video marketing, the video uses to promote your brand name, products, or services. Video most popular and impactful method in marketing that attracts more users than any other marketing method.
According to Hubspot, 99% of video marketers are continue using video in 2020, and 95% planning to increase their budget.
An explainer video is the most demanded video marketing type by almost all new business.
Top Video Creation Tools
Top Marketing Platforms to Upload Your Videos to Get More Views
Sponsored marketing is a form of digital marketing where a brand pays to other websites, social media accounts, youtube channels to sponsor its product or services to get more traffics and reach.
According to Content Science Review, Sponsored content has the potential to supplement social media revenue.
Benefits of Sponsored Marketing
- More brand awareness
- Drive more leads and sales
- To Increase social media reach
- Help to get media coverage
- It creates a difference between you and your competitors
- Enhance business and get more consumer
In influence marketing, you contact a famous influencer of your industry and ask him to endorse and promote your brand name, product, or service on his Youtube channel, social media accounts, audio podcast, and article, etc.
Influence marketers have a good reputation in a particular industry by helping others. Here I am going to share with you the best influence marketing technique brand usually apply for marketing:
Product Showcasing – In this technique influencer shares his/her vacation picture with a product, the brand gave him to promote.
Unboxing Product – In this technique brands send their new product to influence marketer to open and show to his audience.
Product Pre-release – In this technique, brands create excitement about the upcoming product before launching through the influence of the marketer.
Sponsored content for product – Influence marketers share text or visual content on their platform for promoting a product. You can also invite influencers to use your product for free and show to their subscribers.
“Brought to you by” – In this technique influencer marketers put normally stuff on their platform and show that this particular video or content brought to you by a brand or app.
Integrated content – Storyline is the perfect example of integrated content marketing by influencers.
Except for these there more influence marketing technique as hashtag sharing, shoutout talking in the story, giveaway against few activities, discount code offers, and brand ambassador.
Landing Page Optimization
A page is a page where users come after clicking on an ad or other clickable text. It contains all the information that users like to read or watch before buying.
According to Truelist, 50% of landing pages are mobile-friendly, 66% have a company name in the title and 37% have testimonials.
Here is a few landing page optimization technique:
- Catchy and descriptive heading.
- Summary of product and services.
- Contact form
- Call to action
- Explainer video
- Partners Logos
- Previous client result
- Package and Pricing
- Live chatbox
- Whatsapp / Phone number
- Contact Email ID.
Before buying any product or service people take reference from the trusted source. Referral marketing always works great than any other.
According to 99Firms, 84% of publishers and 81% of digital marketers take advantage of affiliate marketing.
Referral marketing is the best marketing technique where the referral marketer recommends a product or service to buy to the customers instead of he gets a commission amount of each sale done by his recommendation. It is almost the same as affiliate marketing.
Local Business Marketing
Google my business, yahoo my business, and Bing place for business are the best sources for local business marketing.
According to BrightLocal, 16% of local businesses receive more than 100 calls per month from Google My Business,.
These are the easiest way to get real business inquiries in your areas.
Google My Business Tips
- Fill all the information provided by GMB
- Keep the exact same name that you already had on Justdial and other local listings.
- Add unique content and complete service information on the website provided by GMB website.
- Update in a new post twice in a day to get more impressions.
- Give reports to clients using insight each month.
- If code does not come then please change the address and request for the code. Get other help.
- How to fix a temporary close – open dashboard and fix the issue.
- Don’t have a physical address: Gsuite email id create, for one-month costs 240 rupees.
- How to recover a suspended account, go to learn more and request. You need to have a genuine address with documents.
- Do flag to low start review.
Automation marketing is the future of digital marketing. It is a process that starts with sharing information and end on recurring sales.
A study done by EmailMonday says Marketing Automation tools will grow rapidly and reach $25.1 billion annually by 2023.
Step of Automation Marketing
- Find and collect contact information.
- Make a cold call or email.
- Tell your product or service benefits to your customers
- Give a valuable offer to your customers
- Convert the lead to the sale.
PR stands for public relations. In the online PR, a brand creates a communication plan with their customers and spread the information that improves brand reputation among the public and creates a positive image in the market.
According to Digital News Report, In 2020, PR still under scrutiny due to its proximity to “fake news”, as 67 percent of Americans are concerned about misinformation on the internet about politics.
Technique Followed By Online PR Agency To Improve A Brand Reputation
- Positive comment spreading.
- Analyze media coverage to know the current situation in the market.
- Spread and distribute positive press releases about a brand.
- Reverse SEO.
- Social media Hashtag trending.
- Microsite creation and optimization.
Webinar marketing is another digital marketing technique to connect with the associated big audience to promote a business and its services by an online seminar.
According to research, 73% of B2B marketers consider webinar the best way for high-quality leads generation.
Webinar Marketing Technique/Promotion Ideas
- Choose a topic for the webinar.
- Find traffic-driving keywords to promote the webinar.
- Analyze the audience and their interest.
- Use influencer marketing to promote the webinar.
- Use email marketing and social media marketing to be joined by more people.
- Add a pop-up on your website to collect email data of your target audience.
Voice-Powered Search Optimization (VSO)
Voice search is the future of searching because voice searches are replacing to typing searches. Almost 70% of search requests are coming from native languages. It is a clear indication that searchers love voice search more than typing.
According to Google, 52% of users keep their voice-activated speakers in their living rooms. 25% keep them in their bedrooms, while 22% keep them in their kitchens.
Where People Are Using Voice Searches
- Google Assistant
- Apple Siri
- Amazon Alexa
- Window Cortana
- Samsung Galaxy
VSO Marketing Technique
- Understand the Language
- Be Conversational
Understanding Consumer Behavior
Understanding consumer behavior online is another digital marketing technique that users with all other techniques/tactics.
Before targeting any audience you should know their behavior and buying persona, here is the checklist to understand your customers:
- Who is your customer?
- Who is the decider?
- What do they do?
- What is their pain point?
- What is important for them?
- What they read and watch to gain information?
- What type of knowledge your customers prefer?
Lets do a quick recap of all types of digital marketing techniques:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Optimization
- Pay Per Click (Search Engine Marketing)
- Content Marketing
- App creation and App Store Optimization
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Sponsored Marketing
- Influence Marketing
- Landing Page Optimization
- Referral Marketing
- Local Business Marketing
- Automation Marketing
- Online PR
- Webinar Marketing
- Voice-Powered Search Optimization (VSO)
- Understanding Consumer Behavior
I very happy to share the information with you all. Hope you enjoy and learn lots of digital marketing technique through this blog.
If you want me to share more useful information like this, then please share this blog with others and leave your feedback. It will help me to add more value in my content.
Do you want to know more about digital marketing? checkout these articles:
- 7 Conventional Yet Highly Effective Website Marketing Strategies
- Digital Trends Small and Medium Size Business Need to Focus on 2022 [Infographic]
- 5 Best PPC Tips For Small Businesses [Step by Step]
- How Do You Approach Social Media As B2C Marketers?
- Crypto SEO : How We Do SEO for Cryptocurrency Project?
- Combo of Email and SMS for Halloween 2022: Making Money on Emotions