When you are looking to find out how to grow your audience using survey research, there are a few steps you need to consider before you get started. The first is deciding what type of content you want people to see – surveys can be done for multiple audiences as long as they match the types of people who would be interested in completing them. Once that decision is made, make sure your survey is easy for your respondents to answer and meets all basic statistical requirements by following the guidelines below.
What is survey research?
Survey research is a method used to collect information from a target population. It can be used for a variety of purposes, such as market research, public opinion polling, and research on consumer behavior. Surveys can be conducted through the mail, phone, Internet, or face-to-face interviews. One simple form of survey research is the questionnaire, which is a list of questions conveniently organized for recording answers. However, most surveys are based on cross-sections — using statistics gathered from a representative sample of the population. This process involves measuring certain variables (like statistics on age and gender) to determine collective patterns of behaviors.
Why to use it?
Most people rely on surveys to gather data about their target audience. Surveys can help you identify what interests your customers, what problems they’re experiencing, and where they might want you to focus your marketing efforts.
Surveys also provide an opinion piece of the target audience. This is valuable information when trying to make business decisions. Additionally, surveys can help marketers understand customer feedback and complaints. Lastly, surveys can also be used to benchmark industry trends against customer needs to stay ahead of the competition.
There are a few reasons why survey research is valuable for businesses:
- Gathering data about who your customers are and what they want.
- Helping you identify problems your customers are experiencing and where you may need to focus your marketing efforts.
- Providing an opinion piece on the target audience from those who have consumed or using the product/service your company provides (this can be invaluable when making business decisions).
How to conduct a survey
When planning your survey research, it’s important to remember that surveys can be used in a variety of ways to gather information. Whether you’re looking to better understand a specific target population or explore larger trends, there are a few different survey types that can help you get the information you need.
Types of Surveys:
- Single Selection Surveys: This survey field lets you create questions with several pre-configured answers. An “Open Ended” question gives the respondent input to answer in their own words, while more pre-configured answer options are provided.
- Multiple Selection Surveys: This survey field is also designed for maximizing participation with several preconfigured choices. However, participants can choose more than one of the choices provided. If you want to limit the participants to one choice, use a Single selection. If you would like them to have multiple options, use multiple selections.
- Dropdown Surveys: The drop-down list appears when the respondent clicks on the down arrow. People can select one or multiple options from a limited choice of responses. Dropdown questions are close-ended questions, i.e., the respondents have a limited set of choices to select an answer from.
- Opinion Scale Survey: Opinion Scale questions are redesigned variations of Likert-type questions. The responses scale visually, and it’s easier to evaluate which choices they’re closer to.
Survey research is an important part of creating a targeted audience, and there are a few best practices to follow. First, make sure that your survey is designed to get the information you need. Second, use timely and relevant survey questions to collect data from your target audience. Finally, keep your survey instrument concise and easy to understand. By following these best practices, you will be able to create a valid and reliable survey instrument that will help you better understand your target audience.
How to Leverage Survey Research with your blog and branding
Every day, businesses, organizations and individuals use survey research to understand what their customers think about them, their products or services and even how they can improve. Surveys offer a wealth of information that can be used to build an audience and increase awareness of a company or product. Whether your blog is focused on digital marketing service, incorporating survey research into your content strategy can help you create powerful relationships with potential customers.
Here are three tips for using survey research on your blog:
- Share exclusive survey results that can help your readers learn more about what they care about. Illuminating findings from surveys can give readers a sense of understanding not found in other types of content. When you unveil new insights and data, it puts your readers in control and encourages them to think critically about what you have to say.
- Provide opportunities for readers to take action based on the survey results you share. For example, if you’re writing about a new product launch, including a questionnaire attached to the article allows readers to provide their feedback directly. This way, you’ll get valuable insights before the product even hits stores!
- Make sure all blog posts are associated with the surveys. This way, readers can easily find any answers they may require!
Incorporating this data into your own blog will help you measure the impact of both content and yourself as a publisher. Data makes for meaningful comparisons for readers that can give you the necessary insight to grow your blog and produce even more outstanding work.
There are many options when it comes to surveying people. Researchers should consider their circumstances and budget, as well as the type of questions they plan to ask when deciding on the best way to survey respondents.
Here are a few reasons why SurveyWala by Aculance IT Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is the best choice for creating surveys. You can start with a free online survey and, with their vast selection of templates; you’ll see that we will have everything you need to create your perfect survey.
We collect some data, such as location, automatically to limit the number of questions you have to ask. With this reduced time and effort, you can get more feedback from your customers.
Many surveys have trouble keeping people’s attention; we offer beautifully rendered pre-designed surveys that will hold your customer’s attention. SurveyWala is designed specifically to take surveys on mobile devices.
Do you have a favorite method for surveying people? Let us know in the comment section!
About the author