Youtube has been a growing platform since the day it was launched.
For many Youtube has become their bread and butter giving them an opportunity to work fulltime and in return get paid for that. More and more youtubers are creating great content and entertaining as well as enlightening their audience.
Talk about anything: How To’s, Tutorials, Art Work, Music, Kids Channels, Educational Hub, Funny Videos, Short Documentaries, Originals Web Series, Short Films, you name it and its available on Youtube. It is growing like anything and it one of the top 10 most visited platforms everyday all around the world. So keeping these things in mind, it’s very important for you to have a proper channel which not only looks good but has quality content. For this you need to customize your Youtube Channel effectively in 2024. So let’s get started to a comprehensive guide on How To Customize Your Youtube Channel In 2024.
Table of Contents
How to Start A Youtube Channel in 2024
As we all know that the website is growing at an amazing rate and everyday tens and thousands of channels are created and millions of videos are posted each day. So you must be thinking that people watch this much videos on this platform. See that’s the catch audience here are quite choosy and only watch the content that pleases them. So what you must do to create the viral content that everyone loves to watch.
So let’s get right to the process. Firstly before creating the channel you must choose the content which must be trending or of your passion. In order to get views and grow your youtube channel in 2024 you must work hard and smart as well. There is a lot of competition out there when it comes to YouTube, so creating the content that is eye catching and different.
Below are the steps to create your very own youtube channel:
1. Go to https://www.youtube.com/ and sign in with your google account.
2. After signing in click on your account icon on the top right corner of the page and after the drop down menu opens click on the create new channel.
3. After clicking, a menu will appear and will ask you to Get started, click on it and the new menu will open asking you to choose a name for your channel. There will be two options provided for you to either choose your google account name or create a customized name.
(Quick Tip: If you’re creating a gaming, funny or viral channel then use a customized name that is catchy but in case of vlogging you can use you original name listed on google)
4. Now after clicking the customized choice name the page will redirect you to the channel’s name page. Enter your channel name, check acceptance box policy and click on the create button to finalise the channel creation.
5. After you’re done, you’ll be redirected to the welcome page asking you to upload your profile picture, give a description of your channel and also asking you to upload your website(if any), your social media pages and other links.
If you are done, you can click save and continue. Incase you don’t want to share anything at the moment you can simply click on “Setup later“ option.
6. After all this is done you will be redirected to your channel where you’ll upload your video content later. In cases of any changes in the future, you can do them any time by clicking on “Customize Channel” option on the top right corner of your channel.
There is also YouTube Studio which will help you to edit your videos before uploading them on the channel.
How To Customize a Youtube Channel in 2024 in Your Niche
To customize your YouTube Channel click on the button “Customize Channel” and then follow these steps:
1. After doing so you’ll be redirected to your channel’s editing dashboard.
2. Here you can put up your profile picture and cover art.
If you’re creating a page for your products then we suggest you put up your logo and design a cover art that is related to your brand and is simple yet attractive. Also you have to keep in mind that every social media has got a separate set of audience. So you should develop a content which will provide value and proper information to your viewers about your product or services. It should be simple yet attractive so that in return you get the desired engagement that you always wanted and are looking for.
If you are confused with the banner design we would suggest that you can create a flat background with your company name written on it and hire a designer in future to make it more attractive. Here is an example of our YouTube channel in case you’re wondering how does it look if you’ve a flat background click on the link below to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/c/MountWoodsStudio
The customization will also provide you with the option to create different sections to create your videos and upload your content in a more organised manner. You can add more channels of yours by clicking on the “Add Channel” in the bottom right section of the dashboard.
How To Enable Custom Youtube channel name/get custom link and custom Id
Below are the steps to enable a custom link along with custom name and ID on your youtube channel:
1. From your youtube customization page, click on the account option on the top left corner.
2. After that click on the setting icon on the drop down menu and you’ll be guided to the next page.
3. On the same page, click on the “Advance options” on the bottom of the left hand menu and a new section will appear.
4. On this menu you can change the user and channel ID but in case of custom link you need to satisfy the requirements i.e custom URLs can be obtained only when
1. You’ve reached a 100 subscribers mark
2. Have a 30 day old channel
3. Have uploaded a channel icon
4. Have uploaded cover art to your channel
These steps are new guidelines of YouTube for custom links.
In case you find any trouble, please comment down below and we’ll try to resolve your queries.
How To Grow and Optimize Your Youtube Channel in 2024 – A Step by Step Guide
Now that you’ve designed your channel created videos on your particular niche you’re ready to get those viewers rolling but this isn’t such a simple task. Even if you’ve some viral content, you need to promote your channel in order to grow it. Especially when the market is growing a lot and newbies are coming. There are people who are creating Youtube Channel to earn money online.
Below are the steps that you need to follow in order to grow your Youtube channel exponentially in 2024:
1. Thumbnails: It’s said that what you show to your audience first helps you get the required attention. Thumbnails are the first thing that a viewer sees before clicking and thumbnail must be catchy and informative. Your thumbnail must provide an insight into your content. So be o0sure to design amazing and creative thumbnails that are relevant to your content. By Default youtube generates thumbnails when video is being processed, but you can choose the custom thumbnail option and then upload it from your computer or laptop.
Youtube statistics says, 90% of most viewed videos use customized thumbnail.
2. Ask for Subscription: It’s one of the best and most creative ways to get some extra subs to your account as if you keep asking for the subscriptions on your channel someone will eventually subscribe to it along with viewing your content. As you must have seen a lot of YouTubers also say lines such as “Be Sure to Like, Share and Subscribe” why they are saying is because they are reminding that you can watch such interesting videos more if you subscribe to them. So be sure to put the subscription request on either starting or ending of the video.
Note: Don’t send your Youtube Channel Link via messenger on Facebook. It will be considered as spam and the user will not be redirected to your channel.
Tip: Use third party URL shorteners to avoid this. Bitly, Pretty Links, Tiny Url etc. works perfectly. We are using Bitly and results were outstanding.
3. Be regular: The most important thing is consistency i.e if you’re making a YouTube Channel then you have to stick to uploading videos on it. Never miss your regular routine and if possible try to make it a daily habit as most of the channels out there upload daily. The reason why consistency is important is because it shows your efforts to your audience. Regularity helps you to connect with the audience as they feel that you’re making efforts to provide them with such content.
If you cannot upload on daily basis then make sure at least 2 videos are uploaded in a week so that you have enough content for your audience to watch. This way you’ll be having 8 videos in a month. Later on when you get habitual, uploading videos on daily videos will be easy for you.
4. Show Yourself: While creating amazing videos be sure to interact yourself with audiences. Audience tends to get more active on channels where the interactions are done by the channel’s owner. The reason why it works is because a person interaction helps in establishing a bond of trust with the audience. Do it once or twice a week if you’ve a product based channel. The interaction can be done by using a live session or a normal informative video.
5. Promotion: Last but not least, be sure to share your subscribe request to you’re channel on social media platforms. If possible and you’re looking to stick to your channel professionally then you can get paid promotions on social media for yourself. Social media is a platform that is totally different and have got a large set of audience. If promoted properly a huge amount of traffic can be derived to your YouTube channel. So properly promote your channel over the Social media to grow and optimize your channel.
YouTube have become quite popular and part of our daily life so while creating a Youtube channel always keep in mind that you’re going to be a part of larger community where there is a challenge at every step. So be sure to work hard on your content and provide content that actually help the community which is growing at a decent pace. There will be other steps that might be prominent in the year 2024 but the steps we’ve listed to grow the channel will definitely come in handy to get more subscribers roll in to your channel.
- Channel Banner and Profile Picture: Start by updating your channel banner and profile picture. Use high-resolution images that represent your channel’s branding and content. Ensure they are clear and visually appealing.
- Channel Name and Description: Review your channel name and description. Make sure they accurately reflect your content and are easy for viewers to understand. Incorporate relevant keywords to improve discoverability.
- Video Thumbnails: Create eye-catching and descriptive video thumbnails. Custom thumbnails can significantly increase click-through rates. Ensure they are consistent with your channel’s style and branding.
- Video Upload Defaults: Set up video upload defaults for titles, descriptions, tags, and other metadata. This streamlines the upload process and ensures consistency across your videos.
- Featured Content: Use the featured content sections on your channel homepage to showcase your best videos and playlists. Highlight content that is relevant to your audience and encourages engagement.
- Channel Sections: Organize your channel homepage with sections. Categorize your videos into playlists and feature them prominently. This helps viewers find content they are interested in quickly.
- About Section: Update your channel’s “About” section with relevant information about your channel, such as contact details, links to social media, and a brief channel description.
- Channel Trailer: Create a compelling channel trailer that introduces new visitors to your content. Make it engaging and concise, highlighting what viewers can expect from your channel.
- Custom URL: If eligible, claim a custom URL for your channel. This makes it easier for viewers to remember and find your channel.
- Engage with Your Audience: Respond to comments and engage with your audience regularly. Building a community around your channel can help foster growth and loyalty.
- YouTube Analytics: Regularly review YouTube Analytics to gain insights into your audience’s behavior. Use this data to tailor your content and strategy to better meet their needs and preferences.
- Live Streaming: If appropriate for your content, consider incorporating live streaming into your channel strategy. Live streams can help you connect with your audience in real-time and boost engagement.
- Collaborations: Collaborate with other YouTubers in your niche or related niches. Cross-promotion can help you reach new audiences and grow your subscriber base.
- Consistency: Stick to a consistent posting schedule. Regular uploads can keep your audience engaged and returning for more content.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest YouTube trends, algorithm updates, and best practices. The YouTube platform is constantly evolving, and staying informed can give you a competitive edge.
- Optimize for Mobile: Ensure that your channel and videos are mobile-friendly. Many viewers access YouTube on mobile devices, so it’s crucial to optimize for this audience.
- Quality Content: Above all, focus on creating high-quality, engaging, and valuable content. Content is king on YouTube, and consistently delivering quality content will help your channel thrive.